Sunday, January 1, 2012

Connie: The lover and fighter


Connor was found in a box curbside, left out for trash pickup with his fellow siblings. A Hottot and Angora mix (I now believe). He was 6 weeks old when my Husband (pictured here with Connor in his hands) picked him up at a shelter.

He is one of the most skidish and gentle rabbits I know. Very delicate and loving. He is also one of the most aggressive when it comes to protecting his turf and his love (Wiggles). He and Wayne have gotten into some serious fights. Wayne, a Dutchie, weighing at least double what 3 pound Connie weighs, is no match for him. He bites, and bites very hard. I have scars from the various fights I've broken up.

It's going to be a long battle it seems, to bond Wayne and Connor, but hopefully it will be worth it in the end. He is a wonderful quiet little bunny otherwise.


He still naps in his special spot in the closet (beside the kibble and litter) and will give you bunny pokes when he hops by.

























Saddens me that bunnies as wonderful as he is are discarded every day. Treated literally like garbage. I will never understand how someone can be so cruel as to dispose of unwanted animals.
Rabbits, dogs, cats, hamsters, cows alike. You can tell a lot about society just by the way they treat their animals.


No comments:

Post a Comment