Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What to do with all those leftover carrots....

....make carrot cake of course!



I found the recipe here http://apt2bbakingco.blogspot.ca/2011/04/carrot-cake_12.html of course I adapted it slightly. I used maple syrup instead of sugar and didn't bake two layers (my oven sucks big time and tends to burn and undercook things at the same time. I never though such a feat would be possible but this demon oven sure has found a way...stupid oven). I also had leftover dried cherries and currants which I also added. Soaking the dried fruit in orange juice was brilliant. This carrot cake was nice and light and did not make me feel guilty afterwards.

So yeah, this is what I did with the leftover carrots....I still have about a tupperware full of carrot sticks that are waiting to be made into cake...perhaps whoopee pies next? Thursday might be a baking day after all....



No comments:

Post a Comment