These are cookies, that you can eat raw (because there are no eggs in them) and are animal product free (aka no dairy) AND as a bonus, help a woman increase her milk supply when she is nursing her baby.
You know how they sometimes say, "If you want your milk to come in have a beer"? Well, this has all the benefits without the hangover. All kidding aside, its a great way to boost your milk supply without the effects of alcohol.
Another bonus: They taste amazing!!!!
Here is what you will need and where to find it
• 1 cup coconut oil (Coconut oil can be bought at Costco. 1.5L tub for $25)
• 1 & 1/2 cups brown sugar or maple syrup
• 1 cup of water and an additional 4 tablespoons of water for the flaxseed meal
• 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal (This is just ground up flaxseed and can be found at Bulk Barn)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 3 cups oats, thick cut
• Optional 1 cup of chocolate, almonds, or any ingredients you like.
• 2-4 tablespoons of brewers yeast (Can be found at Bulk Barn).
1) Mix together 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal and water, set aside for 3-5 minutes. (This acts as an egg substitute. Since the cookies are better when slightly raw, eliminating the egg reduces any food dangers).
2) Mix together the coconut oil and sugar. You can melt the coconut oil and add the sugar/maple syrup.
3) Stir flaxseed mixture and add with vanilla to the coconut/sugar mix.
4) Sift together dry ingredients, except oats and nuts/chocolate chips.
5) Add to coconut oil sugar mixture. Stir in oats then chips.
6) Form into cookie shapes and place onto cookie sheet.
7) Bake for 8-12 minutes, depending on size of cookies.
They can be eaten raw as well since there are no harmful ingredients in them.
If you don’t notice much of an increase the first time or if you need to increase your supply even more, add more brewers yeast.