So simple that my 3 year old can make them too.
To add a fun and festive twist, you can soak the dried cherries in some brandy for some extra kick (which obviously makes it a no no for kids, but this way you can enjoy more of them yourself).
- Dried Cherries
- Chocolate chips
- Pink Himalayan salt
1. Taking about a tablespoon of marzipan, flatten out.
2. Place one dried cherry in the center and roll into a ball
3. Melt chocolate in a double boiler
4. Roll marzipan balls though chocolate and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
5. Place a piece of rock salt on top
6. Put in freezer or fridge for 10-15 minutes to set
This was a lot of fun to make and my 3 year old had a great time participating. She was able to do many steps on her own (minus the melting of the chocolate part).
|Flattening out the marzipan, adding the cherry and rolling it into a ball|